“Capitalism without Democracy is very uncivilized system – in which life is nasty brutish and short”
“All the important decisions are made by the unelected European Working Group”
Since 2012, the president of the Eurogroup Working Group is Thomas Wieser, who is also simultaneously the president of the EFC.
Formally the Eurogroup Working Group is a formation or a sub-group of the EFC. Gradually, the EWG “became a key venue for policy debates, reflecting the rise of the Eurogroup as the leading coordination forum of the euro area“.
- Further reading
- Luke Waller. Thomas Wieser. Politico.
European Working Group President: Thomas Wieser (American and Austrian economist)
Thomas Wieser (born 1954 in Bethesda, Maryland, United States) is an American and Austrian economist and a politician in the European Union. He is the president of Economic and Financial Committee (EFC) of the EU as well as the president of the Eurogroup Working Group (EWG), both advisory bodies of the Eurogroup.
Economic and Financial Committee (European Union)
- Thomas Wieser (January 2012 – present) again…
- “the European Council’s behind-the-scenes economic ringleader… Now at the helm of the technical group in charge of bailouts for Europe’s troubled economies, the same sense of vigilance serves Wieser well. He helped steer the eurozone through its scariest season to date, as Greece dangled on the edge of an exit from the euro. Wieser drafted Greece’s third bailout package of up to €86 billion this summer.
- Wieser, who is 61, holds two of Europe’s top economics jobs. He leads the European Council’s Economic and Finance Committee, a position held earlier by the Continent’s most powerful banker, ECB President Mario Draghi, in 2000-2001. This committee prepares meetings of the EU finance ministers. Wieser also runs the Euro Working Group, a laboratory for bailouts that brings together top finance officials to hash out technical details ahead of meetings of the eurozone finance ministers in the Eurogroup.
- Wieser isn’t just the emergency fireman. He helped design the eurozone’s banking union and was behind financial structures improvised to save the eurozone: the European Financial Stability Facility, a rescue fund, and the European Stability Mechanism, the eurozone’s permanent financial backstop. Its lending capacity maxes out at €500 billion, more than onequarter of which is currently lent to Spain, Cyprus and Greece.”
- He is a fan of British Economist John Kay
- Vittorio Grilli (March 2011 – January 2012)“not pleasant but unavoidable” Angela Merkel = “alternativlos” = lies lies lies… Vittorio Grilli is Chairman of the Corporate & Investment Bank, EMEA at J.P. Morgan and serves as a senior advisor on macroeconomic issues, global market developments and European policy actions.
- Thomas Wieser (March 2009 – March 2011)
- Xavier Musca (November 2005 – February 2009)
- Caio Koch-Weser (May 2003 – November 2005)
- Johnny Åkerholm (October 2001 – May 2003)
- Mario Draghi (June 2000 – September 2001)
- Jean Lemierre (January 1999 -June 2000)
- Vazil Hudak (September 2014 – June 2015)
- Inigo Fernandez De Mesa Vargas (March – September 2014)
- Georges Heinrich (March 2011 – February 2014)
- Vittorio Grilli (March 2009 – March 2011)
- Thomas Wieser (November 2005 – March 2009)
- Kees van Dijkhuizen (May 2005 – November2005)
- Lorenzo Bini-Smaghi (April 2003 – May 2005)
- Caio Koch-Weser (October 2001 – April 2003)
- Johnny Åkerholm (February 1999 – October 2001)
“ORDO AB CHAO” = Order out of Chaos…
it is all lies and deception… the devil is master of deception…
all you can do is boycott the existing power-structures and grow your own food 🙂
bring back decision-making to local governments…. NOT BRUSSELS! NOT BERLIN!